Bay Flats exists because we offer quality duck hunting while giving personalized service to a limited clientele. We specialize in small parties and emphasize hunting quality and enjoyment of the outdoors. We cater to your needs – professionally-trained dogs and comfortable blinds are our specialty. The lodge plays hosts to many duck hunters, in and out of state, who are looking for that lifetime trophy redhead, pintail, and blue wing teal.
Texas Duck Hunting
Everything’s bigger in Texas, and that includes our love of the outdoors and all that this massive state has to offer the outdoorsman. Considered on the list of things to do in the great Texas outdoors might be left only to one’s imagination, as almost anything you can think of may make the list. But for those of us fortunate enough to have spent most of our life enjoying all of that which the coastal environs of Texas have to offer, the only thing better than this state’s coastal fishing is its ability to provide outdoor enthusiasts with some of the absolute best duck hunting one can find.
Whether it’s Widgeon, Teal, Canvasback, Pintail or Redheads that you’re after, the coastal plains of Texas provide you with ample opportunity at bagging a wide variety of species at any one time. You might experience as many as ten different kinds of ducks in your sights on any one given day, with even more species on a different day. It’s this level of variety that makes the state of Texas a very unique venue for avid local, national, and even international waterfowl hunters each and every year.
Waterfowl are set apart from all other birds by their aquatic habitat needs, and the hundreds upon thousands of square miles of Texas coastal marsh and saltwater grasslands provide huge numbers of migratory waterfowl a safe haven for wintertime nesting and feeding. The ducks like feeding on flooded wetlands, both natural and agricultural, so the vastness of Texas coastal rice, soybean, corn, and milo fields, along with a seemingly endless array of available aquatic plants give Texas duck hunters an enormous advantage over the opposition. Next time you’re interested in what may just be some of the nation’s best duck hunting, give the coastal region of Texas a shot. You’ll be glad you did!
The lodge has been recognized here in Texas and Nationally as one of the top fishing and duck hunting destinations. If you would like to read more about us, check out these featured articles.
Our “Blast & Cast” adventures include morning duck hunting followed by a relaxing afternoon on the water fishing for speckled trout, redfish and flounder, or returning to complete your daily bag limit of ducks with an afternoon of hunting. Either way, your afternoon is totally booked. With half-day or full-day hunts, and a combo option like the “Blast & Cast”, you are sure to get the most out of your stay.
BLAST & CAST DUCK HUNTING
- Half-Day AM or PM Duck Hunting includes Lodging and Meals $415 /per person
- Full-Day Duck Hunting includes Lodging and Meals $585 /per person
- Blast & Cast Combo includes Lodging and Meals $585 /per person (Live bait extra if used)
- Duck Hunt does not include Lodging and Meals $275 /per person, does include hot lunch
- Rent Simms waders $35
- Boot rental only $20
- Rent Benelli Shotgun $65 per day
- Black Cloud 12 gauge Close Range 3-inch #4 shot 1/4 oz. $24 per box
2017-18 Season Nov. 4-26 and Dec. 9 – Jan. 28. The daily bag limit 6/day.
Every member of our staff is dedicated to taking care of you the customer. The guides will do their best to put you on the hunt or fishing trip of a life time and our kitchen and cleaning staff will cater to your every need. Tipping is greatly appreciated and at the discretion of each guest. Below is a guideline on what is typical.
- $10 for kitchen staff, per guest/day
- $10 for the housekeeping, per room/day
- $75 to $100 for guide, per day
- $5 to $10 per guests donation will be matched by lodge for fish habitat projects
Keep in mind these are only guidelines and the final decision is up to you based on your experience.
BLAST & CAST TEAL HUNTING
- Morning Teal Hunting includes Lodging and Meals $385 /per person
- Morning Teal Hunt & Afternoon Fishing includes Lodging and Meals $555 /per person (This trip can be arranged to accommodate a PM fishing trip upon arrival, and then an AM Teal hunt the following morning).
2017 Season Sept. 9-24. The daily bag limit of 6 birds.
BLAST & CAST DOVE HUNTING
- Half-Day Dove Hunting includes Lodging and Meals $385 /per person
- Blast & Cast Combo Dove Hunting & Afternoon Fishing includes Lodging and Meals $550 /per person (This trip can be arrange to accommodate afternoon dove hunting after arrival, next morning fishing trip)
2017-18 Season Sept. 22 through Nov. 8. Reopens Dec. 15 through Jan. 21. The daily bag limit 15 birds.
FIRST CLASS/GUIDED TEXAS TROPHY WHITETAIL BUCK HUNTS
- 150-170 $5,600
- 170-190 $9,520
- 190-200 $10,640
- 200 plus $13,440
- Lodging and Meals $210 /per person
Convenient to lodge, Add $205 /per day guide fee.
Duck Hunting License
Buy your Hunting License before arriving call 1-800-895-4248
Hunting License Requirements for Non-Residents to hunt ducks in Texas
- #157 Non-Resident Five Day Special Hunting $48
- #138 Federal Duck Stamp $25
- #137 HIP Certification
- #168 Migratory Game Bird Stamp $7
- Born on or after Sept. 2, 1971 successfully complete a hunter ed course
Shotgun 12 guage recommended,
Steel Shot Shells (ducks –3″ #2’s, 3’s or 3 1/2″)
Chest Waders only (please no hip boots), Bug Spray, Camouflage Face Net/Mask
Rain Gear, Parka, Jacket, Camo Clothing (Br/Gr)
Texas Hunting License / Voucher – Call 1-800-TX-LIC-4U
Federal Waterfowl Stamp
PRINT THIS CHECKLIST